Friday, December 30, 2005

I'm dreaming...

As I glance about my humble abode i'm wondering how long can one's Christmas decorations remain in place before the culprit is brought before the white trash review board. That being said, I'm going for the first of the year...it sounds reasonable considering I could have been traveling and then have found myself oh so busy upon my return, much too busy to concern myself with ornament removal and proper storage of snowmen. This, of course, is not my situation, but could very well be the case for some poor bedragled soul who is pondering consulting Emily Post for a firm judgement on the matter but due to more pressing responsibilities has not yet found the time for an interview. In the midst of my wonderment, i'm also considering just how I am going to remove the lights strung about my living room. I feel like a small child who needs to be scolded - you got them up now you must find a way to get them down. Alas, it's too daunting a task; I'll deal with it tomorrow! Perhaps by then story book elves will have done the dirty work for me. Someone really ought to rethink the prudence of telling such tales to small children; it only sets us up for nostalgic and unreasonable longing as adults. One can hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home