Tuesday, May 23, 2006

silence is golden

I should never be allowed to enter a hair salon alone. Not only that, but I should have folks on speed dial to keep me accountable, kinda like a sponsor to keep me from the inevitable emotional meltdown. It is simply not worth the trauma that I go through upon leaving the salon (not to mention the weeks that follow to get a hair cut. It honestly is not as bad this time because in the back of my head i was able to prepare myself as the hair just kept falling. The word "layers" should not be in my lexicon. It's not so much the shock of the chia pet look - which anyone with thick curly hair knows well, but more so the fact that the 3 inches taken off the bottom that I ask for when I walk in turn into many many more as the layers are cut, then evened, then the bottom has to be cut to work with the layers. All this added with my forgetting just how curly my hair really is. When it's long (and to the credit of the woman who cut my hair, it is still "long" by all standards, it's just "short" for me, hitting upper mid back instead of lower back) the weight lessens the curl. The shorter it gets, the less it weighs (duh!), and consequently the more it curls thus making it even shorter. Logical, to be sure, but a fact that I tend to forget when I'm used to the curl being weighed down. On a positive note, it grows like a weed, so it should be back soonish. At least it's different. For me. Not really different because all I did was make it slightly shorter than it was previously. All in all, it is cute, but i'm too busy lingering in shock to freely admit this to myself. The kicker is that a year from now i'll go through it all again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home