Sunday, June 04, 2006

confessions of a musical nature

Alright, i admit it, i listen to a wealth of what can only be termed bad music (okay, it can be termed something else, but "bad music" is most gracious for polite company). I'd love to claim that I listen to it because of the memories associated with the songs, and to some extent, that's actually true. But, honestly, there is no excuse for half of what I sing along to... oh yes, i sing along. Every verse, every tune. I know it by heart. Lest this further frighten any reader, i do have a disturbing memory, so it isn't as alarming as it seems when i burst into song - at least not in the "dang, she knows every word, she must listen to it a lot" sense, but perhaps in the "dang, somebody make her shut up, she's only making the song worse" sense. That being said, yes, i listen to 80's music, and yes i listen to country music. The country music i simply like, but i figure since it's scorned by a decent amount of the population, i'd throw it in for good measure. The 80s music tends to fit in the nostalgia category. I listen to a lot of contemporary Christian as well. Yes, i know it's generally bad, but i get draw in by the lyrics. i'm a sucker for lyrics.
I'm also very mood related as far as music is concerned. I have certain songs i listen to for certain moods. I'm currently listening to power ballads like they're going out of style...okay, perhaps not quite that much, but they do make it into the rotation on a disturbingly frequent basis. Note, when discussing power ballads, any play in the rotation is disturbing, of this, i'm well aware.
So if you need me, i'll be packing to Foreigner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home